Cupping therapy is a form of myofascial release where a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction and negative pressure. Cupping Therapy may be added to your massage. which helps relax your muscles and can help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being. It can also act as a type of deep-tissue massage.
Your first experience is complementary. The treatment may be added to our Signature Massage for $15 and our Deep Tissue Massage for $10.
- Deep tissue work and release without discomfort
- Moves stagnation and drains fluid
- Relieves inflammation
- Nervous system sedation
- Breaks up and expels congestion
- Stretches muscle and connective tissue
- Loosens adhesions
- Pulls blood supply to the skin
- Facilitates movement of the Qi/Chi and blood systematically and locally
- Strengthens the immune system by promoting the flow of lympatic fluid
- Treats excess heat conditions, fever, stress, depression and anxiety
- Cleans blood and lymph helping balance pH levels
WHY DO YOU GET MARKS OR SKIN DISCOLORATION? DOES IT HURT?
Stationary cupping, when the cups are left on the skin for a length of time, can leave rings and circles due to blood moving to the surface. This process can create some discomfort or pain as it creates a vacuum suctioning up the skin. The pressure influences the intensity level, however many describe the sensation as a slight pinch. Some marks can be darker than others, the darker the color the more effective that cupping point was for the client. Results are immediate and lasting, with the marks and discoloration fading in about a week. Despite any initial discomfort, many recipients describe cupping as relaxing and therapeutic. The pulling action engages the parasympathetic nervous system allowing, deep relaxation throughout body.